New York Restaurant Week is in full swing with many of the City’s premiere restaurants participating in what has become one of the best (and cheapest) ways to try some of the City’s yummiest eateries. With over 300 restaurant’s taking part, all offering a set 3 course menu at lunch for $25 and dinner at $38, it’s super hard to decide where to eat, so we’ve made it easy for you, here are our top 10 picks on where to eat.
Our Top 10 Picks For Summer Restaurant Week
- Boulud Sud. This swank Upper West Side eaterie is the home to star chef Daniel Boulud. Serving a divine Mediterranean inspired menu with a French North African twist, the food here is exceptional. The service is amazing and the restaurant space so elegant, you feel like you’ve really spoilt yourself after a meal here.
- Bodegra Negra at Dream Hotel. This swinging Mexican restaurant in the Dream Hotel serves truly delicious Mexican food. The restaurant has a bit of a clubby atmosphere, which always makes for a festive night out. However, eating here midweek is considerably more low-key and gives you a chance to realize how great the food really is without the distraction of the weekend crowds.
- Gotham Bar & Grill. As its name strongly suggests, this restaurant is one New York’s finest. It’s been serving flawless modern American cuisine since the 1980s, with the same impeccable service, fabulous food and exceptional staff today that made it the infamous when it first opened it’s doors.
- Indochine. Arguably one of New York’s coolest restaurants, the super chic crowd always makes you feel like you are eating at some wildly hip private club. The Vietnamese inspired set menu includes one of our favorite salads of all time, their to-die-for Asian Kale Salad.
- Lincoln Restaurant. Modern Italian Cuisine served in an exceptional architectural space in the cultural heart of NYC, Lincoln Centre. The restaurant to eat at before or after any performance, the food and space are a cultural phenomena. Open for lunch during Restaurant Week, a perfect excuse for an elegant mid-week lunch with friends.
- Nobu New York. If you like sushi and all things Japanese then Nobu remains the reigning king of this cuisine and their set menu for Restaurant Week includes many of their signature dishes.
- Nougatine at Jean Georges – One of our all-time favorite Uptown restaurants, situated on the West Side corner of Central Park, this is fabulous New York at it’s finest. Exceptional service, a wine list to die for and the kind of food from infamous chef Jean Georges Vongerichten, that reminds you of what a great restaurant experience should be.
- Perry Street – One of the best kept secrets in the West Village, Perry Street is the Downtown outpost of chef Jean Georges Vongerichten. Incredible modern French cuisine served in the beautifully designed space of the Richard Meier towers on the West Side Highway.
- The Americano. Housed in far West Chelsea’s Hotel Americano, this light and airy restaurant is one of the best spaces to eat in summer. The menu for restaurant week is full of sophisticated Mexican dishes including their signature Fish Tacos and their light and delicious Watermelon salad.
- The Leopard at de Artistes. This elegant Upper West Side restaurant serves traditional Italian food to a fancy Uptown crowd. Housed just off of Central Park in the legendary Café de Artistes space, it is so classically New York, that you feel like you are living in a Woody Allen movie and for good reason too, Woody himself is a regular, along with many other well-heeled celebs.
New York Summer Restaurant Week. Runs until August 15th, 2014